• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting to 802.1x EAP network

kylel66

Lurker
Jun 17, 2014
I just got my Alcatel OneTouch idolx running 4.2.2 and it has been performing great, I am just having trouble connecting to my office's WiFi.

The security reads "802.1x EAP", and upon trying to connect I am asked for my credentials. Entering my username/password just puts me into a "Connecting... Saved, secured with 802.1x.. Connecting..." loop. Now I read a ton of threads before posting this and the general consensus was to download the Wifi Advanced Configuration Editor app, and so I did.

I followed these instructions:

In settings --> WiFi, add a network
SSID - the name of my offices network
Security - 802.1xEAP
Identity - my username
Password - password
EAP method - PEAP
Phase 2 authentication - MSCHAPV2

and save. Now over to the ACE app. I open the app, select the network I am trying to connect to, under "Key Management" I unselect WPA_EAP, leaving only IEEE8021X. Under "Enterprise Configuration" I fill in my password. These are the only two actions I have performed in the app. Completely back out of ACE, and try to connect again. No dice, same deal.

So i'm not sure what setting or step I am missing in this process. I do notice though that after backing out of the ACE app, when I go back in all the defaults are in the network I am trying to join. As in, where I had just unselected WPA_EAP in "Key Management", it has once again been selected. So maybe I am just having trouble with the app and saving my settings?

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

كت
I just got my Alcatel OneTouch idolx running 4.2.2 and it has been performing great, I am just having trouble connecting to my office's WiFi.

The security reads "802.1x EAP", and upon trying to connect I am asked for my credentials. Entering my username/password just puts me into a "Connecting... Saved, secured with 802.1x.. Connecting..." loop. Now I read a ton of threads before posting this and the general consensus was to download the Wifi Advanced Configuration Editor app, and so I did.

I followed these instructions:

In settings --> WiFi, add a network
SSID - the name of my offices network
Security - 802.1xEAP
Identity - my username
Password - password
EAP method - PEAP
Phase 2 authentication - MSCHAPV2

and save. Now over to the ACE app. I open the app, select the network I am trying to connect to, under "Key Management" I unselect WPA_EAP, leaving only IEEE8021X. Under "Enterprise Configuration" I fill in my password. These are the only two actions I have performed in the app. Completely back out of ACE, and try to connect again. No dice, same deal.

So i'm not sure what setting or step I am missing in this process. I do notice though that after backing out of the ACE app, when I go back in all the defaults are in the network I am trying to join. As in, where I had just unselected WPA_EAP in "Key Management", it has once again been selected. So maybe I am just having trouble with the app and saving my settings?

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
كيف

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones