1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connecting to computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brianbrod1, Nov 26, 2011.

1. brianbrod1

brianbrod1 Member
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Trying too get old SD card contents on computer. Plug in razor with cable and computer doesn't even recognize it. Tried with Droid 2 and computer immediately downloaded driver. Something I'm missing?

Advertisement

2. volcom1216

volcom1216 Member
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    Network Administrator
    the OC
    Try another cable. I know out sounds ******ed, but same thing happened to me. Had a cable that worked with my droid incredible, but didn't recognize my razr. Then grabbed another cable and it saw my razr. Swapped cables again and sure enough the first one I originally tried didn't work.

A bit weird.

3. AndroidGreg

AndroidGreg Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Try the cable from ur charger then try another one from another phone/camera/tablet/anything sometimes one cable lokes one another doesnt especially since some cables are wired for charging one phone and not another. I know some older phones used the old short the data+ cable to the positive to charge at a faster rate and then you had to have a mod on the phone to use the data- pin to transfer all data which some phones dont play nice with. Also some phones shorted the data - to the positive power soo they arent compatable either.