• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

connecting to OS X??? how???

mi_canuck

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2010
tried connecting my Nexus One to my macbook pro (running os x 10.6 aka snow leopard)... no go, "mounting" did not allow it to be read...

will I have to reformat the SD card?

am i missing something?

can't connect either through bluetooth for file sharing...

thnx!

I have a black MacBook that's a couple of years old running Mac OS X 10.6.2. Out of the box, every SD card on the planet that I've ever seen is formatted using FAT or FAT32. Both of these file systems are readable and writable by Mac OS X, Linux, and just about every operating system made in the past 20 years. The Nexus One's SD card is no exception.

I haven't tried using Bluetooth file sharing yet. I'm coming from the BlackBerry world where it didn't have the necessary profile for sending files.

Upvote 0
problem isn't a problem anymore.... i just discovered that on the rare occasion, i have to mount twice... but so far, i'm good to go... can mount my Nexus as SD to my macbook... and i've taken it to the next level and USB tethering (and bluetooth too, but slower and eats up battery)... working super well!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones