• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting to PC with Omni 5.1 or Omni 6.0

DroidRick

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Canada
This is like deja vu. :(

When I started using my i9000 5 or 6 years ago I had problems along with many others connecting to my PC.
There is a long thread here detailing all of the problems encountered.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I decided to try Omni 5.1 and Omni 6.0 ROMS on my i9000.
I decided to try them because of the camera quality problems I am having with SlimKat (a variant of KitKat).

Well guess what. Neither Omni 5.1 nor Omni 6.0 allowed me to connect with my PC!
Quite a step backward.

I read many suggestions about this. Try this cable, try this driver, do this, that etc.
The fact is, when I re-flashed SlimKat just now I could connect to my PC, so the issue has nothing to do with drivers or hardware, but rather the ROM's and/or their software settings.

Does anyone here know the secret to connecting to a PC with these ROMS?

The idea for me is to try the ROMS to see if their camera software allows for better picture quality than I am currently getting with my SlimKat ROM.

TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones