• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting to PC.

When I insert the usb cable to my 'phone from my PC nothing happens any more?
It used to work fine before, it used to ask every time what I wanted to use it as.
Yes the option is "ask" is still checked.
I have tried doing a soft reset with no luck.
I have tired all the different options and no of them work it still charges though, even though in the top drag down bar there is no usb connected symbol.
Also I noticed passthrough and tethering are not available/greyed out

try connecting to PC with the option to charge. and then go to settings and change it to something else like mount it as a disk drive, what do you get/happens? or even uncheck the box and remove safely. and then check it again and connect it back...

I did all that, I tried every setting, I fully discharged the battery and then the last thing I tried was the factory that didn't fix it.
Guess what? Stuck it on charge (from my PC) a minute ago, and I was surprised when it asked me to select a connection option?
I haven't got the foggiest to why it has suddenly started to work again?
As long as it stays like this I don't care why it stopped working, thanks for the help.;)

Upvote 0
I did all that, I tried every setting, I fully discharged the battery and then the last thing I tried was the factory that didn't fix it.
Guess what? Stuck it on charge (from my PC) a minute ago, and I was surprised when it asked me to select a connection option?
I haven't got the foggiest to why it has suddenly started to work again?
As long as it stays like this I don't care why it stopped working, thanks for the help.;)

vagaries of technology

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones