1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon22, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Jon22

Jon22 Newbie

OK im having crazy issues here!!!

my phone does not detect a connection to my PC. Ive connected it many times before, but now when i connect the USB cable to the PC it just shows as charging. nothing else. I checked for disable mass storage but it is grayed out and cannot choose anything (it is not checked). im lost here!!!! i need my phone connection tomy PC!!! ihave removed my sd card but no success. i can view all contents on the card from the phone. I checked USB debugging to see if i get anything...but nada :(

im running Win 7 64 bit (although it should not have anything to do with it since i used this same PC many many times). thanks guys

Advertisement

2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Does the phone show up in Start>Computer as a device when connected? If not, have you tried running the hardware wizard to see if it can detect the phone?

3. RobotGo

RobotGo Newbie

Are you using a different USB cable than the one that came with the phone? Mine seems to only connect if I use the cable that came with the phone, any other cables will only charge it.

Jon22 likes this.
  4. Jon22

Jon22 Newbie

Thanks Robot, that was the issue. I was freaked out when I used my friends cable and he was able to conenct but I wasnt. Then I went home and tried mine. Sure enough it connected to the PC.

-Thanks guys for all the help!

5. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Layer 1 triumphs in troubleshooting once again! I didn't think it would make any difference as far as the cable, as those are supposed to be universal, but good call RobotGo!