• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connecting to win 7 get virus?

I have a I9020XXKF1 with 2.3.6...when I connect to win 7, I get the file window, but it shows shortcut icons, instead of regular folder icons. if I click on one of them I get a alert that there is a trojan attempting to install. I have tried this on 2 seperate machines...I think it is winsvc.exe that trys to D/L. I did a reset, and that did not change anything...any ideas?

thanks

i'm going to tell you where to find them ,but i'm not sure it the options are in these exact places ,because i do not use stock Android ,but still you can go through the menus and look for the options :
so go to "Settings > Storage > Erase usb storage" and then go to "Privacy > Factory data reset"

!! You could check "Privacy > Factory data reset" and see if the option offers you the erase USB storage option as well ...you now have 2 methods ,i hope one is good for you !

P.S. - besides contacts [with Gmail !!] ,do not back-up anything from the phone [usb or otherwise!] anything may be infected !!

P.P.S. - don't worry about bricking your NS ,you have absolutely no idea how much pain mine suffered and did not get bricked ,it's practically impossible to brick a Nexus ...but if you try enough ,you can succeed :))

Reactions: bobk_nyc
Upvote 0
i'm going to tell you where to find them ,but i'm not sure it the options are in these exact places ,because i do not use stock Android ,but still you can go through the menus and look for the options :
so go to "Settings > Storage > Erase usb storage" and then go to "Privacy > Factory data reset"

thanks, seems that was the solution. and I learned something.
have a great day..thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones