1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connecting ZTE to TV

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joseph Martinez, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Joseph Martinez

Hi I recently purchased an mhl cable from best buy with the brand name, rocket fish, and I was wondering how to connect my ZTE ZMAX to my Insignia NS-65D260A13 TV with it. I've looked everywhere online and looked through the TV manual, the mhl manual, and I can't seem to figure it out. If anyone knows how, please let me know, help is much appreciated.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Joseph Martinez, Jul 15, 2015 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. thehunter8478

thehunter8478 Newbie

i have a roku stick and i just use screencast... dont know if that helps

4. Joseph Martinez

I am trying to watch a movie through my phone onto the tv though, that's the problem.

5. t12b25

t12b25 Android Enthusiast

Hi, I looked up that TV it says it has a USB port?. Can you connect your phone via USB and have the TV read it as a drive?. Just an idea.. Hope it helps,
    Anthony.

6. Joseph Martinez

Yeah, that was a good idea, but the movie is off of Google play, and as a drive, it only reads off of my photos in my gallery.

7. DeadDude

DeadDude Android Enthusiast

It should be as simple as plug it in and set TV to correct input.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Except for the fact that the ZTE ZMAX doesn't support MHL.

MHL isn't just some way to convert USB to HDMI - MHL is a video circuit built-in to some devices that switches on and turns USB off when the adapter is detected.

Get your money back for the MHL adapter, decide if you want to try a Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Roku stick as the next least expensive but reliable ways to get video to your TV.

This will help you understand the screen mirroring differences -

http://androidforums.com/threads/metro-pcs-major-changes.926581/#post-7017551

But if it's Google Play Movies you want, you don't want to waste time with screen mirroring - you want a Chromecast, no question.

Dannydet, gizmo72163 and n9ots like this.
  9. ravenslight

ravenslight Well-Known Member

Or an android TV box, which is what I use to watch all my movies n shows I DL on my TV.

EarlyMon likes this.
  10. jeffek

jeffek Newbie

easiest way is to hook an xbox , ps. or laptop to your tv. or if its a newer tv with wifi just have it on the same network . then download any dlna app from the play store i use bubble dlna and works great .

TDAWG66 likes this.
  11. rubydoobie

rubydoobie Lurker

I don't own an XBOX. I'm trying to connect my ZTE Max to my flat screen so that I can watch my Showbox movies. When I try to connect a hdmi cord from the TV to phone nothing shows up on the tv. Can someone please help, thanks in advance! :)

12. gizmo72163

gizmo72163 Newbie

You could get a Google Chromecast. Learn how to stream ShowBox to your Google Chromecast.
    Here's a link to Showbox website using Chromecast. Just want to add to use Chromecast you need to have wifi for it to work.

http://showboxappdownload.com/stream-showbox-to-chromecast/

#11 gizmo72163, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  13. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

One more option would be to get a nexus player.

14. Can I use portable headphone amplifiers with these devices?

15. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Plug them into the TV

16. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I'm a fan of MiraCast, works very nicely. Need adapters ($15-40) for most TV's except Smart TV's as it's already built-in

17. Dbizzle

Dbizzle Lurker

Are max pro does not support my mhl is hardware in the phone u cannot update or upgrade or install any new software if that model DD not have it built in .According to my research anyways.
    However I here that they can be connected to the TV with new converters or adapters but very specific ones ,I think usb type c (alt) mode to HDMI is one of the new cables that could possibly be used to remedy that particular problem of not having the hardware installed in the USB port.M still researching myself bit that's as far as he gotten with know actual physical testing. Let me know if you find out before I do

ZTE Zmax Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews