• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Connection failed due to incorrect apn setting"

i had that same issue. with my phone. what happened was my data plan was still under the original smartphone plan. in order to use data on this device your gonna need to change you're data plan to the "2GB/200mb HSPA+ for Smartphones" plan. simply just call customer service and have them help you change it. it was very easy when i did it.

Upvote 0
and make sure you have one of the new SIM cards. Its not necessarily a 4G sim card, but its designed for the newer phones (backward compatible as well). SKU 73057 on the front

My first data plan was wrong. That's correct in saying you need the data plan marked HSPA+ for Smartphones (works with the new sim card).

att4gsim.jpg

i had that same issue. with my phone. what happened was my data plan was still under the original smartphone plan. in order to use data on this device your gonna need to change you're data plan to the "2GB/200mb HSPA+ for Smartphones" plan. simply just call customer service and have them help you change it. it was very easy when i did it.

Upvote 0
and make sure you have one of the new SIM cards. Its not necessarily a 4G sim card, but its designed for the newer phones (backward compatible as well). SKU 73057 on the front

you don't really need a new SIM either.
i bought my phone off contract from Amazon. i had a palm pre plus previously and i put my 3G SIM in my Inspire and it worked fine. i just needed to change the data plan because i was using an HSPA+ compatible phone.

Upvote 0
I dont think you really NEED a new SIM, but it was nice of them to ship a NEW one in the order for free.

If it adds any functionality later, I already have it.

you don't really need a new SIM either.
i bought my phone off contract from Amazon. i had a palm pre plus previously and i put my 3G SIM in my Inspire and it worked fine. i just needed to change the data plan because i was using an HSPA+ compatible phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones