1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connection Failed... No Matter What!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danbooke2001, Apr 23, 2011.

1. danbooke2001

danbooke2001 Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    I have read and tried everything I can think of. My phone connects to the "network" fine. I am able to see Facebook posts and can update, I can view YouTube videos and post comments, and even play Words with Friends, but I cannot browse the internet.

I constantly get the message: Connection failed! Unable to connect. Please review your network settings. I get this message with Opera Mini and the stock internet app that came with the phone.

I have Sprint. I "reviewed" the network settings by doing the following: Turning off the phone and restarting. Disabling the Mobile network and re-enabling. I have tried 3G and 4G in well known strong signal areas. I have tried two different wi-fi areas. I have tried connecting to different web sites. I have turned off, taken the battery off, put back in and re-started the phone. I have not installed or uninstalled anything from the phone in over a week (and this started happening two days ago). I have also un-synced everything, and re-synced it. And finally I have tried updating my profile in the settings. And nothing.

Anything that uses data works fine: Pandora, Slacker, FB, YouTube, games, Sync, etc. However browsing the internet is a no go. I really want to throw this thing across the room.

Any other suggestions before I do?

Advertisement

2. Evulution

None

Apr 4, 2011
    Apparently its something you have installed on the phone. I don't know what you did. I would set the stock browser back to its default settings. Then try uninstalling the apps you have on the phone 1 by 1 until the problem goes away. Could be the Opera app messing things up. If your phone is able to utilize the internet through other apps there is something you did to the phone consisting of an app interfering with the browser app. If this isn't working you need to do a factory reset of the phone. If the internet browser is working fine one day then stops working then its an issue with something you put on the phone.

3. sinnj

sinnj Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    My Opera mini suddenly stopped working. The following fix worked for me:

1. I deleted some wifi finder, analyzing, mapping, etc. apps I had downloaded and run, suspecting that perhaps they had interfered with Opera's wifi connection ability.
    2. I uninstalled then reinstalled Opera mini. (I also uninstalled and left uninstalled Opera mobile, but I suspect that was not a factor).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

JS

Tags: