1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connection failure to AT&T

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by somanyapps, Jun 6, 2011.

1. somanyapps

somanyapps Well-Known Member
    None

May 27, 2011
    VA
    If this has been discussed in another thread please point me there.

I have the Samsung Infuse. Is anyone else having or has had problems with connecting to the AT&T server? I'm referring mainly to checking for updates, but it would also occur on boot up. I don't know at what other times my phone needs to connect to the server, so I can't say for sure whether there times when it is working. I noticed this last week when someone mentioned there was an update. Apparently, I am already up-to-date (phone is new) according to Samsung. But the phone doesn't tell me that when it initially checks for an update. Instead it tells me it was unable to connect to the AT&T server. If I try again immediately it tells me I am up-to-date and can try again in 24 hours. I did call AT&T, but I'm not sure what they did or didn't do, then transferred me to Samsung who suggested I reset the phone back to factory defaults. I didn't think they understood exactly what I was calling about and was reluctant to do the reset at that time. After talking to AT&T I notice now that the phone does not give me a connection error when booting up, but I also don't see the little arrows indicating it is trying to connect. However, I did just try the "Check for Updates" and I'm still getting the error. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there any sort of test I can do to see if under some circumstances it connects and maybe it is just something about trying to do an update? Is it possible the connection error is really just the wrong response and it really should say I am up-to-date? In other words, if I was due for an update it would work fine. Thanks.

EDIT: Is Kies the way to go?

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Moving this to the Samsung Infuse sub-forum.

3. somanyapps

somanyapps Well-Known Member
    None

May 27, 2011
    VA
    I thought possibly this might not be a Samsung Infuse problem only.