1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connection issue after new Roms!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psproull, Jul 11, 2011.

1. psproull

psproull Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2009
    Hi, I am having issues installing new roms. I have installed several of the liquid and das bamf roms. After I reboot the phone, the only connectivity options i have is wifi. I lose my connection to verizon all together. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. Thank you much for the help.

Advertisement

2. bowtie26

bowtie26 Newbie
    None

May 7, 2010
    You need to make sure your radio and ROM are compatible. It sounds like you may be using MR2 or later with a MR1 ROM.

McLabia likes this.
  3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    McLabia likes this.
  4. psproull

psproull Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2009
    Is the only way to update the radio on the thunderbolt to do it that hboot update way. I tried to run it through rom manager and when I restarted it didnt seem to work. I loaded the das bamf rom after that and the only way I could fix the phone, was to load the old update file? Im kinda scared to move the root update file. Advise please?

5. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    To flash a radio is simple. You have to download the radio from the link yeahha provided and then put the zip (don't extract) into the root or your sd card, so not within any folders or anything. Then you MUST rename the radio to PCIMG05.zip. Now unplug from PC.

Then boot into hboot via however you want and because pcimg05 is on the root of your sd card, it'll automaticlaly boot and prompt you to install the package which is the radio. Click yes and let it do its thing and you should be good. When you're done, you should rename the file on your sd card or delete it.

Keep in mind the radio and the rom are two different things and you can't do them all at once. you have to do them separately (doesn't matter the order)