• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connection issues : Please help

Amylee3130

Nov 22, 2012
Hi everyone

I have a S4 on Orange with 4.4.2 and i have been having issues when makomg and receiving calls...i dial a number it either continues dialing with no ring tone and then i have to cancel or it connects straight away without ringing and i cant hear and they cant hear me. Same when people call me..it connects but we cant hear one another. I have changed sims...reset at least 6 times. Software updated and reinstalled. I have sent it to samsung 3 times and they state they have repaired it but it just comes back the same. Its not instant though it works ok for a day or so and then gradually it gets worse and im calling the same number 8 times before it connects...the speaker works any other time with no issues. Im at a loss and now have to send it for the 4th time. Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Amye

I remember you posted the same thing on another thread.

In your case I can guarantee you that your problem is from the 4.4.2 update. I had multiple phones with the same problem all resulting from the 4.4.2 Android version.

Samsung will not fix it correctly. No matter how many times you send it in for repair.

At this point...... If you can find someone that is really good with phones I would say rooting the phone and installing a custom rom is you only option left.

But keep in mind that if you do that ALL WARRANTY WILL BE VOID........ meaning that Samsung will not repair it ever again.

Upvote 0
I really don't think it is a problem with the OS update - if it were an OS problem, it would be a problem for every user that has updated to this OS.

Given that you've tried all basic troubleshooting steps, I suspect the problem may be hardware related. I'd agree with the suggestions to try and get the phone replaced.

Where and when did you buy the phone? And did you use a credit card to purchase it? If so, you may have additional protection with the credit card. Check and see if your credit card offers purchase protection or additional warranty.

How do i change it x
To change the title, you should click the edit button on your first post, and then, click the "go advanced" button below your post. You can change your post title there.
If you are unable to do so, please let me know and I can change the title to what you want.

Upvote 0
I really don't think it is a problem with the OS update - if it were an OS problem, it would be a problem for every user that has updated to this OS.

Given that you've tried all basic troubleshooting steps, I suspect the problem may be hardware related. I'd agree with the suggestions to try and get the phone replaced.

Where and when did you buy the phone? And did you use a credit card to purchase it? If so, you may have additional protection with the credit card. Check and see if your credit card offers purchase protection or additional warranty.

To change the title, you should click the edit button on your first post, and then, click the "go advanced" button below your post. You can change your post title there.
If you are unable to do so, please let me know and I can change the title to what you want.

Its a great possibility that it was the upgrade that started the issue.

Upvote 0
Well samsung have had the phone twice and apparently fixed the issue but it started the day i got it back. Im really at a loss. Its not my speaker thats the issue. Im not sure how i paid actually will check my receipt...thanks for that 😆 its just puzzling me. Id love to get the new update and see if the problem is still there or not.

I really dont want to root it as it cost me over

Upvote 0
Im still havin this issue and i have reset numerous times and as i said samsung have tried to fix it 3 times without success. Its really makin it hard to use the phone now. People cant always get me and im havin to keep dialing the person to finally get through i just dont understand what the issue is x

Upvote 0
Im still havin this issue and i have reset numerous times and as i said samsung have tried to fix it 3 times without success. Its really makin it hard to use the phone now. People cant always get me and im havin to keep dialing the person to finally get through i just dont understand what the issue is x

Do you keep it in a case? If so, which one.

Upvote 0
Its really bizzare im ringin my friends phone and its ringin on her end but my end its still dialing then it connects after abour 20 seconds and then obviously nothing can be heard. It also happens when she rings me. I answer but i cant hear anythin and she as to cancel the call and try again. Textin is fine x

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones