• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connection/loading issues with Youtube/internet on HTC Evo 4G

giasquared

Lurker
Oct 28, 2011
Hi everyone, (Please excuse the novel)

I have the HTC Evo 4G and one of the main reasons I have this phone is for checking my Gmail, Facebook, and watching videos/listening to music. I have noticed that over the past few months of having this phone, it is growing harder and harder to view a video on Youtube or browse the internet without a very long loading/buffering time. I have contacted Sprint numerous times about fixing these issues, and they usually just tell me to power cycle my phone, bla bla bla. I have full 3G service when I use Youtube or go on the internet, and I still have irritatingly long loading times, considering I pay upwards of $90 a month for this service.

I also have noticed that I randomly have connection issues, while still having full 3G service. Internet, Facebook, Youtube, and Gmail will randomly tell me I have no connection, when my phone says I have full service. I have noticed this problem increase since I did the latest Gingerbread update, too... maybe that has something to do with it?

Basically, I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks... or any form of advice on how to speed up my connection speeds, or figure out why my phone is randomly saying I have no connections. Please help a sista out!

Thanks a lot,
Gia.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones