• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connection optimizer problem..

Found a solution for Samsung Galaxy S6!!!

This just started for me a couple hours ago, been scratching my head for a while. It says my wifi connection is "turned off". Also, if I restart my phone it will work for a couple minutes before the wifi disconnects again and won't let me reconnect.

Go to settings>applications>application manager>running

Select "Connections Optimizer"

Hit STOP

My device immediately reconnected to my WiFi and its been stable for about 10 minutes now. I'll update if it turns off again.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
I recently encountered a problem which my connection optimizer is keep poping up(every 30sec to few min.) That says

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Success</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>Success</BODY></HTML>

I dont know why this is keep popping up.its really annoying that it pops up like every 30 sec.. I am bit scared that if my phone is hacked by some1??
I am using Galaxy S5, android 5.0
Lolipop i think. And my phone is rooted.
Update as of 1520am pst try that

Upvote 0
So many people reporting same problem. I guess they're having problems server side with the service. So very likely disabling it will fix it, at least until the carrier or Samsung fixes whatever has gone wrong at their end. Unless it is Skynet taking over?

Right. It cannot be a "ghost in the machine". Something on the receving end (server side) must have fallen off the rails. No way this is global and local at the same time. :)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Having the same problem what should I do
Having the same problem what should I do
After all of this nuttiness, I decided to check and see if there are any system updates waiting and, sure enough, there is one. I have no idea if this is related but I am DL it now. Will post if this appears to clear up things WITH connection optimizer on.

Sprint / Android 5.01 / Note 4
I was trying to figure out how to post a reply to everybody looking for an answer to this and I was going to suggest the system update but before I could find out how to do do it you already figured it out that is the answer, SCV

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
I recently encountered a problem which my connection optimizer is keep poping up(every 30sec to few min.) That says

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Success</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>Success</BODY></HTML>

I dont know why this is keep popping up.its really annoying that it pops up like every 30 sec.. I am bit scared that if my phone is hacked by some1??
I am using Galaxy S5, android 5.0
Lolipop i think. And my phone is rooted.
Hi,I found a system update and that took care of the problem, TRY THAT!!

Upvote 0
Right. It cannot be a "ghost in the machine". Something on the receving end (server side) must have fallen off the rails. No way this is global and local at the same time. :)
Probably read about it on Wired or Engadget or something later, about Samsung having a server meltdown or possibly a bum update. It's not Final Judgement just yet, hopefully.

Upvote 0
WOW! I just STUMBLED on this topic during my sleepless night and I gotta say.... This started getting pretty CREEPY following the progression of this issue. LOL. ESP when reports of it affecting APPLE too.... then LAPTOPS! Then people starting to WAKE UP starting around 3:00AM to this wierd crap.
I haven't had any issues (AT&T GS-5) as of yet (knock knock) but just thought I'd chime in with my personal, very strange short term "riveting" experience I had following this thing! Almost felt like I was in the "build up" portion of a MOVIE for a few minutes! WIERD!
I urge those who haven't to check out the "build up" from the beginning. Very strange experience following this as a fly on the wall..... esp late at night. LOL

Upvote 0
Couple of things -

The reason that you only see this problem on Sprint is because it's a Sprint add-on.

It doesn't work right, it's never worked right, it's not news that it doesn't work right, it's never going to work right, it's based on a very flawed principle, go into the settings and turn it off (as opposed to just force quitting).

Upvote 0
Couple of things -

The reason that you only see this problem on Sprint is because it's a Sprint add-on.

It doesn't work right, it's never worked right, it's not news that it doesn't work right, it's never going to work right, it's based on a very flawed principle, go into the settings and turn it off (as opposed to just force quitting).

Yes, I tried force stop, and clearing caches, but the problem popped again. Once i just turned it off, problem solved.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones