1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Connection problem - very urgent help desperately required!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tabasco, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Tabasco

Tabasco Newbie
    None

Nov 1, 2008
    HI everyone,

I've an unlock G1 on UK T-Mobile.

Everything was working fine (love the phone btw) - including my first 2 days of my trip in the US (where I am now). It automatically connected to T-Mobile (wifi) while around LA, Google Map worked any where without any problem. More interestingly, wifi seemed to be free as well (checked my account, just 4 free text message taken)

Last night, I changed the sim card to get a number of a friend......

Since then nothing works......as though something has messed up some connection setting - which I have no clue what it can be.

First off, when I plug my t-mobile sim card back in, it mentioned connection error for my googlemail account - kept trying with the correct password but kept telling me there was a problem. My Wi-Fi connection to T-Mobile now takes me to the standard 't-mobile day-pass site' instead of connecting me automatically. I managed to be somewhere where there was a open wifi network and the password issue seems to have stopped.

But still browser keeps connecting me to t-mobile to their day-pass site.

Last but most importantly, my Google Map hasn't been working since I changed my sim card - I desperately need Google Map for direction. It can't even detect where my location!!

I have been hating myself for messing the phone up while I need it the most!!!!!!

Currently using hotel computer, any help would be tremendously appreciate.

Advertisement

2. carlosnumbertwo

None

Nov 8, 2008
    Tech support for an online music company.
    Orlando, Florida
    There are instructions on how to factory reset your device. MENU>SETTINGS>SD CARD & PHONE STORAGE. Down at the bottom is the factory reset button. It'll get back to when you got it out of the box.

3. Tabasco

Tabasco Newbie
    None

Nov 1, 2008
    I did that but still can't use t-mobile wifi without paying hotspot. Nevermind. Been able to use some open network in hotels. Just a bit annoyed and puzzled by it. Thx for your reply anyway.

4. Paranoid

Paranoid Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2008
    Next step: call T-Mobile

Tags: