• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connection problems during Setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetroc

Android Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2010
I'm having this problem with my chromecast: "We could not communicate with your Chromecast. It's possible that your Chromecast and device are connected to networks that are unable to talk to one another. This may require a small change to your Wi-Fi router settings. Learn more here." When I do in fact click on "here" it takes me to this support page that talk about AP Isolation, and how I should disable it.

I have a Netgear WPN824v3. I have searched through ALL the settings, and I have found nothing on AP/Client Isolation. In fact, I've even pinged the devices from the CMD and I the pings are successful, so my devices can communicate with one another. So what is the problem!? I got it to work yesterday, but then within the hour this happened, and now I can't get it to work. :( Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones