Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Connection problems during Setup!

Discussion in 'Chromecast' started by zetroc, Aug 21, 2013.

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    I'm having this problem with my chromecast: "We could not communicate with your Chromecast. It's possible that your Chromecast and device are connected to networks that are unable to talk to one another. This may require a small change to your Wi-Fi router settings. Learn more here." When I do in fact click on "here" it takes me to this support page that talk about AP Isolation, and how I should disable it.

I have a Netgear WPN824v3. I have searched through ALL the settings, and I have found nothing on AP/Client Isolation. In fact, I've even pinged the devices from the CMD and I the pings are successful, so my devices can communicate with one another. So what is the problem!? I got it to work yesterday, but then within the hour this happened, and now I can't get it to work. :( Help!

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Have you tried to reset the CHROMECAST device:

There are two ways to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast:

Factory Data Reset your Chromecast from the Chromecast app. You will find the option to FDR under

3. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    Here's what I did, and it seemed to work. I read somewhere to disable UPnP, so I did. I also set my network to only G and set it to only one channel. I'm having a new issue, but many seem to be having that issue... it will be a new post.

mod, you can close this. :)

Sifford and KOLIO like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles