1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connection problems, please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EElsy, Dec 22, 2011.

1. EElsy

EElsy Lurker

I bought my Galaxy Ace yesterday, and I've already started encountering problems.

When I attempt to connect to Kies, I am now getting an error message saying "Cannot start service on the device. Please disconnect then reconnect device", despite it working perfectly last night.

Also, it doesn't detect my SD card, despite it obviously being in there. In the settings the option to mount it is greyed out, and if I press "files" it claims I don't have one at all. But if I press music, it states that it's busy.

I assumed these problems are somehow related, as they both popped up at the same time.

I really hope someone can help, this problem is really bugging me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello EElsy. Welcome to Android Forums. :)

It may just be a matter of removing and reinserting your SD card. I'd unmount (if not greyed out) and remove the card, reinsert it then shut the device down and restart, then test the Kies situation again.

EElsy likes this.
  3. pipsavage88

pipsavage88 Lurker

little problems make for a world of hurt. If you bump you phone or hit it hard it can bugger you sd until you redo the media scan :)

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews