• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connection Problems

scrumo

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
I manually installed Froyo last week, and since then, Gmail and Handcent have had problems connecting. I'll get emails throughout the night, and in the morning, nothing will show on the status bar. However, randomly, it will come up with the notification and there'll be all the emails.

As for Handcent, texts will be received but no notifications in the status bar either. I know the message was received by my phone earlier from the timestamp.

For both of them, i did go through the Settings menus to check if i had the notifications boxes checked and did all of that. Is this a problem with apps not working with Froyo? It would be kind of stupid if it was, at least for Gmail, since that comes stock. With a combination of the lagging (which only came a few days ago and not right after i installed Froyo), should i just hard reset and reinstall Froyo? Will that even help, or does this sound like problems with the apps themselves?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones