1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connection reset by peer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by i2kdave, Dec 22, 2011.

1. i2kdave

i2kdave Lurker

About 3 weeks ago, I started getting a "connection reset by peer" error every time I try to download podcasts. The download will reach maybe 15-20% or so, disconnect, and I can start it again, but it disconnects after a few seconds and I have to do this repeatedly until the download finishes. This happens on 3G and wifi, with different podcast apps, and on different roms. I found a post in the xda developers forum by someone with a similar problem, but there were no replies. :( I'm really at a loss as to what could be causing this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what rom are you on now? have you tried and wipe dalvik cache and cache? what apps have you tried?

3. i2kdave

i2kdave Lurker

I'm currently using Swagged Out Stock, and also had the problem with Energy ROM. I've tried PocketCasts and BeyondPod. The problem seems to occur only with 3 of the podcasts I subscribe to; WTF with Marc Maron, Nerdist, and Adam Carolla. As far as I can tell, these podcasts don't come from the same place, but I'm not positive. I had the thought that maybe Adfree was blocking something, which would explain the problem persisting between ROMs, but I reverted my hosts file and it didn't help. I have tried wiping Dalvik cache and cache, and did a full wipe when switching ROMs.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews