• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connection to Exchange 2003

Protech

Lurker
Dec 17, 2009
Hi, I have a customer with a new Samsung Moment and when trying to setup his email to connect to the Exchange server I get an Error Your Exchange server may be using too earlier Activesync Version (-5). This customer had a Windows Mobile phone before he got this and never had any issues.

I don't see what else I need to do? Had anyone get this to work?

Thanks

Brian:mad:

I am using an SSL cert. I would be happy to check ports, but I don't think I can. Anytime I try to open Moxier mail or work tasks I am guided through the setup process. While in the setup process I have no additional selections that I can change. Am I missing something?

I am not opposed to checking my new firewall to make sure that Moxier ports are available for the app. Do you know what ports are needed?

Upvote 0
Maybe this is where our setups differ. I put in my email and password and then I get told to manually setup the server(I'm guessing they don't have an automatic setup script on file for my company).

I don't know the ports it needs but I would venture to say that a call to Moxier would probably get the issue resolved and I know they could answer what ports are needed.

Upvote 0
I had a galaxie 2 captivate
I had huge problems connecting to any of the exchange servers I work on and manage, exch 2010 07 and 03
othe droid2 connected fine
The problems with the samsung seemed to be from the upgrade to 2.5 droid
I was able to use market exchange apps but not very integrated
I did a factory reset, got back the screen lock functions and connected to exchange any version instantly

back it up well, then try a reset

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones