1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connection to USB 3.0 Port Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sugaman1, Oct 6, 2013.

1. sugaman1

sugaman1 Newbie

Got my Note 3 Yesterday and I noticed that when I plug it up to any of the USB 3.0 Ports on my PC which has Asus Sabertooth 990fx R1 board and Windows 8 it will charge but is not recognized and doesn't show up in drives folder but the phone shows the charging symbol at the top indicating it's charging. I have Kies 3 installed isn't that supposed to put the correct drivers in when you install it? I don't see any other drivers to install yet. Unless something is wrong with the Phone because my pc detects my usb 3.0 flash drive when it's plug up? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Try pulling doen the notification bar and tapping on the USB connection rhen chsnging from MTP to Camera mode.

3. sugaman1

sugaman1 Newbie

when I connect it to the 3.0 port No USB connection Icon shows up it only shows that the phone is charging that USB Icon is not there. because it's not detecting

4. tipsytc

tipsytc Guest

Mine connects ok in to the blue USB 3.0 ports but my Windows 7 says this device can go faster if I plug it into a USB 3.0, which its in !!!! Transfers speeds are at USB 2.0 performance. Anybody know how to get USB 3.0 work with the Note 3 ???

5. Corrigap

Corrigap Guest

What I do to get it to play ball with USB 3.0 is to pull down the notifications menu when the device is connected and go into the menu behind 'Connected as a media device' where there are three choices, the bottom one starts up USB 3.0.

HTH

BlueBiker likes this.
  6. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

That does help. There was some review that mentioned it, but it seems ridiculous that you'd need to manually enable a connection mode every time you use it. Maybe someone will release an app (or perhaps a Tasker profile) to set that mode automatically every time you connect to a USB 3.0 device.

7. Corrigap

Corrigap Guest

Agreed

8. ahjengmool

ahjengmool Member

OTG works just fine, better than the note 2

9. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

Kewl, did you plug in a keyboard or mouse?

10. ahjengmool

ahjengmool Member

just a thumb drive loaded with videos. when removing it you have to turn it off. hadnt thought of the keyboard or mouse duh

11. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Android Expert

You can plug a keyboard in? Interesting.

[​IMG]

12. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

You'll need an MHL adapter (or something), but I've read that it works.

13. sugaman1

sugaman1 Newbie

:thinking:Ok in between working and playing with this problem I have found a few things I think lol... I had to reinstall my usb drivers now my 3.0 ports are working properly but now I think I still have to wait for a Windows 8 Driver for the phone I called Samsung they said they don't have a driver out for it yet hmmmmm.. So guess I'll ask if any of you are running windows 8? My wife's Laptop has Win 7 and 3.0 Port's and it works just like the above posters say it should and I can pull down the menu and have the options all of that but when I hook it up to my PC with Windows 8 nothing just a charging Icon no USB Icon at all.

14. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

I also have Windows 8. The weird thing is it worked the first time I tried this. But, now all that happens when I plug it into the USB 3.0 ports is that it charges. WTF? Nothing comes up in the notification bar for me to choose any settings.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews