1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connectivity and Data Access

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SimonTVesper, Oct 5, 2011.

1. SimonTVesper

SimonTVesper Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S, with the Android OS. My service is through AT&T. I have the following problems with my phone:

Lost Data Connectivity

Facebook logout

The first is not a major concern, because even though I'm constantly getting the message about lost connectivity (due to roaming), I still have access to my home network. I live in an area that doesn't support 3G. I connect my phone to the internet through my home wi-fi. Why does it keep checking for roaming? Why do I keep getting this data message? It's extremely irritating, and if it's something more important, I'd like to know how to fix it.

The other problem is more important. I installed the Facebook app so I don't have to log in every day. I want to stay logged in to Facebook so I can get notifications (messages, status updates, etc) delivered to my phone. For the past month, though, I keep getting messages saying that Facebook had to log me out; or that my session timed out. Why? Is it because I'm using wi-fi, so when I'm out of range, Facebook logs me out? Is there a problem with the Facebook app? Or is it related to the data connectivity issue?

If I've missed another post that deals with this issue, please direct me to it. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. cole567

cole567 Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    DO you live near the border? I have the same phone and when i visited family on the niagra river it turned of my mobile data automatically. If you live wifi then the facebook app will keep logging you out just because you have no internet. If that is not the case i suggest deleting the app and then replacing it and adding the widget. I dont suggest turning the roaming stuff off because the roaming charges are massive.

3. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    I dont think AT&T do the Galaxy S its probably a different version you have.