• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connects to WiFi (2.4 and 5GHz both) no Internet available

trelana

Lurker
Sep 27, 2019
LG V20, ex-AT&T phone now on Mint. I can get out to the internet on every router other than the one we have at home (TP-Link A7 AC1750). Thought the problem was the router, replaced it (old router was the TP-Link C7 AC1750), and the no Internet available messages persist. I hadn't made any changes to the original router to trigger the initial loss of internet connectivity, and it worked fine for most of a year before it dropped internet connectivity on just this one LAN. Every other network I connect to works flawlessly, including at least one other TP-Link, and every other wifi enabled device in the house on the network works without issue.

I've tried both forgetting the WiFi network and setting it back up again, as well as resetting network settings under Settings > General > Backup and Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This sounds like you need to look into your ISP and/or your modem. Your router, or any typical consumer router, can provide you with a local network but without any actual online connectivity there's no Internet access -- i.e. all your devices are connecting to the wireless signal put out by your router so they are all connected to your LAN but it sounds like either there's a problem with the cable between your router and your modem, or the cable between your modem and the wall outlet/port, or there's some issue with your online account with your ISP.

Reactions: Alan270 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones