1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Conserving battery mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by syvmn, Aug 12, 2012.

1. syvmn

syvmn Newbie

I am taking a long flight to hawaii and want to be able to use my phone to watch some movies (yes my airline allows phones in "airplane" mode). However I have a bunch of widgets and other things that drain battery power. Is there a way to switch over easily to a mode where almost everything on the phone is off, other than the ability to play movies? Will airplane mode be enough to conserve power?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I think, it won't help to conserve a little power when the video app will need so much power.

A simple calculation could show you how many hours your battery will last.
    The One X's battery has 1800mAh and if the phone needs 600mA current while playing video:

1800mAh / 600mA = 3h (hours)

To measure the current while playing video in airplane mode, you could use a battery app like Battery Monitor Widget.

And you might think about a mobile charger like ANKER 5600mAh :) a small battery pack with 130 grams.

Should your phone's battery extend about two times.

Harry

3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

If you're in aeroplane mode then your widgets really shouldn't be using any battery whatsoever, most widgets use the internet which you won't be able to do in aeroplane mode.

Aeroplane mode is battery everything but a phone signal & internet access etc.

Could you not set a scene that has nothing on any of your homescreens, that way you could easily switch back to the one you had and you'd have one that doesn't use anything.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews