• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering ditching my Moto Droid for a Dinc

Yes, Mom has Droid 2, it is so much slower then the INC. Better camera which is 8MP and is crazy ridiculous good. Only thing droid 1 and 2 have on INC is battery life. Still, theres ways to increase battery life. I like Sense a lot more then MotoBlur or what ever they call their OS. Also like the screen a whole lot better. Also looks nicer.

Upvote 0
Okay the first Android phone I had was the HTC Eris and I HATED it. Not because of Senseui I actually love sense! The problem was the phone itself. I think HTC makes excellent phones and I consider the Eris just one very small bump in the road for an otherwise outstanding track record. I really don't even need the physical keyboard on my Droid I only use if I'm in the car and texting and driving is NOT SAFE! so I gotta get out of that habit asap. But no thanks on the enV2 haha I had the original enV and went through 3 of them because they kept breaking...so I've really lost faith in LG after that haha.

Upvote 0
Okay the first Android phone I had was the HTC Eris and I HATED it. Not because of Senseui I actually love sense! The problem was the phone itself. I think HTC makes excellent phones and I consider the Eris just one very small bump in the road for an otherwise outstanding track record. I really don't even need the physical keyboard on my Droid I only use if I'm in the car and texting and driving is NOT SAFE! so I gotta get out of that habit asap. But no thanks on the enV2 haha I had the original enV and went through 3 of them because they kept breaking...so I've really lost faith in LG after that haha.

If the only thing you didn't like about the Eris was its speed/lag, you'll LOVE the Incredible. My wife has had the Eris since February, and I actually think it's great, but is way behind the Incredible in all aspects except build quality. The Incredible feels cheap and the Eris is a tank.

Seriously though, if I had to buy any Android phone on the market today, it'd still be the Incredible. Can't say this will be the case in a month or two though. We'll see what is around the corner.

Reactions: MovingColors
Upvote 0
I did and I couldn't be happier. The Droid is just too old and sluggish, once you make the switch to Inc. you will love it. I been with my Inc. since it was released and I don't even care or feel jealous about other phones coming out because the support and the hardware is hard to beat. Once phones start reaching 1.5ghz or Inc. dies at 2.2 (it think it will be upgraded to 3.0, or i'll root) is when I might get a replacement.

Upvote 0
I had a Droid up until about a month ago when I got the Dinc

Pros to the Dinc:
MUCH faster than the Droid. By a lot. It makes the Droid look downright slow.
Smaller, thinner, lighter, and no crappy slide out keyboard
Sense UI - I personally quite love it. Your results may vary I'm sure
Better camera / 720p video recording

Cons:
Stock battery sucks
Only 2 LED colors for notifications; it's pretty much useless
Sense takes some time getting used to after having used Stock for so long

That's really all I can think of. :) I love my Dinc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones