• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering Droid to Eris switch. Which apps are compatible?

I'm considering switching for a few reasons: smaller size, Sense UI, multitouch (makes a big difference in typing), trackball on front (rather than D-pad only accessible with keyboard out).

These are the apps I have installed. Can someone do me a bigggg favor and check to see which are/are not available in the Eris's 1.5 market?

Amazon
PageOnce Assistant
Astro
Barcode Scanner
Bonsai Blast
Bump
Cestos
Documents to Go (Full)
Facebook
Flood-It!
Foursquare
Google Sky Map
Google Voice
Grid Droid
Huffington Post
Layar
Lights Out
Movies (Flixter)
OpenSudoku
Pandora
Phit Droid
PicSay
Pocket Auctions for eBay
Places Directory (Google)
Robo Defense
Shazam
ShopSavvy
Shot
Solitaire
Twidroid Pro (or maybe I could just use Peep?)
What the Doodle!?
WordUp!

I know it's a big list, but if you could help with any, I'd really appreciate it!

Amazon
PageOnce Assistant
Astro
Barcode Scanner
Bonsai Blast
Bump
Cestos
Documents to Go (Full)
Facebook
Flood-It!
Foursquare
Google Sky Map
Google Voice
Grid Droid
Huffington Post
Layar
Lights Out
Movies (Flixter)
OpenSudoku
Pandora
Phit Droid
PicSay
Pocket Auctions for eBay
Places Directory (Google)
Robo Defense
Shazam
ShopSavvy
Shot
Solitaire
Twidroid Pro (or maybe I could just use Peep?)
What the Doodle!?
WordUp!

I don't have time to check the full list, but the ones in bold I *can* confirm are available on the Eris because they are ones I have installed and/or tried out on my phone. Hope that helps at least a little.

Upvote 0
You will find everything and more will be avail on eris. droid has less compatibility. i think Google Navigation is the only thing missing for the eris which will come as soon as HTC sends out the OS update.

Other way around. There are apps that run on 2.0 and will not on 1.5.

BTW, stopped in the Verizon store this afternoon and played with a Droid for about 10 minutes.

DAMN that screen is nice.

Touch keyboard still sucks.

Phone is VERY bulky and annoying to hold.

Sense UI is MUCH nicer.

Upvote 0
Other way around. There are apps that run on 2.0 and will not on 1.5.

BTW, stopped in the Verizon store this afternoon and played with a Droid for about 10 minutes.

DAMN that screen is nice.

Touch keyboard still sucks.

Phone is VERY bulky and annoying to hold.

Sense UI is MUCH nicer.

what apps are those currently? of course in the long run it would be that way but Eris will be updated by then. I have a droid and many more apps dont work on it properly that do on my eris. like CameraFX, Photoburst etc etc. There is nothing on the Droid yet that does accurate multitouch even close to HTC Sense.

The only two apps that I would currently want that would work on the droid but not the eris is google nav and moto torch (because the Eris has no LED lamp)

I agree with all of your other points. I have used Hero, Eris, Droid extensively and overall the Eris is much nicer, its just the proc that kills it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones