• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering razr?

gabbyevs

Android Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2010
im considering getting the phone as my upgrade next month

i currently have an htc desire hd and do like hoewever id like a change

just a couple of questions to anyone with a razr-

does it work in the same way as other androids as in drag and drop files from a pc?

does it use the same apps

as the battery is intergrated is there any problems with rebooting or freezing?

thanks for all advice

does it work in the same way as other androids as in drag and drop files from a pc?
As this is something that Android itself does - yes.
does it use the same apps
Of course. Some apps will not be compatible with every device, but those will be rare.
as the battery is intergrated is there any problems with rebooting or freezing?
There is a battery pull button combination (long press Power & Volume Down) that's wired up electrically and is guaranteed to shut down the phone.

Reactions: gabbyevs
Upvote 0
I've had quite a few smartphones and friends with smartphones. I can say that the RAZR is, hands down, the best one out right now. Motorola is reliable, their build quality is good and they do regular updates. But dont take my word for it, try it out for yourself.
One of my favorite things about the phone is Motocast. It syncs with your home PC, essentially a "cloud" service, but without the limitations of the cloud.

Upvote 0
If you plan on using the Mobile Hotspot feature I would not purchase the RAZR!

Just Google Mobile Hotpot issues with RAZR and you will see why.

I have a RAZR and when using it as a MHS there are many sites you can not connect from your tablet or laptop because of issues with the RAZR mtu settings. Paypal is just one site that will not load.

Verizon and Moto have promised a fix that was originally planned for Dec which has now been pushed back to mid Feb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones