• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering replacing battery- my M860 is a year old.

You could try recalibrating it first. Completely drain the battery, then charge it to 100% while the phone is off, then drain it completely again, then charge it to 100% with the phone off again. If the battery life doesn't improve, you need to replace it.

Also, there are battery calibration apps in the market, I'm just not sure how reliable they are...

Upvote 0
Considering replacing battery- my M860 is a year old. Took the piece of junk to MetroPCS and they had no way to determine if the battery was near the end of it's life. It lasts about 1.5 hours on "one minute" screen timeout if I'm lucky. Advice? Thanks.
If you've had it for a year, the battery is probably toast. Mine only lasted about 10 months before I had to replace it. This is the one I bought:

CellularFactory: Huawei Ascend OEM HB4F1 Cell Phone Battery (1500 mAh), FREE Shipping

There are cheaper ones you could find, but this one looked legit, and I can confirm that it was delivered in a timely manner, and afterward my phone lasted all day, no problem. (On CM7, ymmv)
It didn't say Huawei on it, though, despite the picture, and it being described as OEM.
Whatever you get, make sure it is 1500mah. For some reason, a lot of the cheap ones are only 1100mah, which is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones