1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Considering Selling...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ironclad, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ironclad

Ironclad Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a hit on this, I know, but minor issues are just not acceptable anymore.

No Hotmail: post arrives late, if at all, when it does it seems 'selective' (smaller mail only)
    Sky Go: where? Season is running.
    Keyboard: occasional freeze, predictive txt covers (too often) keyboard making type very tricky.
    Camera: strangely poor. Rotation Locker really messes with it too. Night shot, w/flash, are crap.

I love this phone, the styling is lovely, the HD movies great, huge screen, the router is incredibly fast. I'm just frustrated with it. I need a software update or something. :(

Here in the UK the HOX goes for around 300, the S3 for 380. Dunno wadda doo..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

If your not happy with the One X sell it for something you do like.

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Hotmail: Hotmail is flaky on ALL Android handsets. There is an app for it, but I'm led to believe that's under par too.
    Sky Go: I appreciate the frustrations, but we'll get it in time.
    Keyboard: Get another keyboard app? I switch between Swiftkey & Swype. Fwiw, people have complained about the SGS3 keyboard too
    Camera: Fair enough, it does the job for most people. What are your exact issues with it?

If you're frustrated, have you thought about rooting? There are even Jellybean ROMs available. I plan on giving one a go this evening.

4. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert

My friend/roommate got the HTC ONE X yesterday and he loves it and he uses Hotmail(as do I) and the app works perfectly fine. Not quite as robust as the official gmail app but for a 3rd party app it's a 9 out of 10 and often works more reliably than the gmail app. Hence why i predominantly use the new outlook :D

you probably should get the GS3 and try that out if you can. I do hate how rooting is often use as a suggestion to try and get around a phone shortcomings. I feel as if you need to root a phone and it's not fine out the box, it may be best to simply switch to something new. :)

5. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Member

The predictive text keeps vanishing on my kb but mainly when I switch to landscape mode. Very annoying!

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

I agree to some degree but it's a very good alternative. Imagine you had an iPhone and you thought the camera was rubbish on that but loved the rest of the phone, what would you do then, nothing as nothing can be done.

If you have an Android phone and love it but there's some niggles then at least you have the option to flash a custom ROM and flash mods too which might improve/fix you problem.

7. Ironclad

There's a hotmail app... :facepalm: I never even thought to look, seeing as mail is one of the 1st things all smartphones ask for. I knew there was, or used to be, MSN.
    *sigh*

8. Strange reasons to sell an Android phone. ROMs and apps would solve all the issues.

9. Ironclad

Oh no, I like my phone, it is classy. But it is my own comfort i'm interested in, that & i'm a fickle guy too.
    Besides, I don't want a custom job because I don't know what i'm doing with ROMs, & it is under warranty. I shouldn't have to manipulate a top rated item just to make it do ordinary stuff.
    I've read the ROM & flash guides and I even tried similar with a i3G some time back, gr33npoison or something like that, I temporarily bricked it. I don't need a dummy's guide, I need an idiot's guide.

Hotmail app solved my mail. Swype fixed my kb.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews