1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Considering switching to Andoid. Can we add roam only option?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xvipx, Jun 5, 2010.

1. xvipx

xvipx Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Hi everyone. I currently have a Pre and I love it. There are so many hacks to this phone to make it run faster and better. I'm considering the evo 4g. One feature that I really would like to see is a roam only option so that we can roam off verizon whenever we don't have good sprint service. I use this feature a lot on my pre. I don't like the fact that there is no physical keyboard either. How is the keyboard on this phone. I also don't get the $10 charge since Detroit doesnt have 4g.

Advertisement

2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    No as long as there is Sprint service it will not Roam. No Roam only option that I know of. As far as the 10$ charge do a search of the forum and enjoy... That dead horse has been beaten on forums. The keyboard you get used to and then like, and then love.

3. MrGreg

MrGreg Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
  4. muab

muab Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I came from a Palm Treo and iPhone to a Motorola Droid...took a little adjusting but now I far prefer it to either previous phone.
    I still prefer the keyboard on my Treo to any other keyboard. The Droid physical keyboard is alright but I end up using the virtual keyboard a great deal. I imagine you would find the adjustment to be fairly similar.

Not sure about the hack-ability on that phone. On the Droid the ease and extent of modification is beyond anything I have experienced before. And Android is the future, I firmly believe.

Good luck

5. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    IT Tech
    GA
    You can do it.. but dont be surprised when they clip your service for roaming too much. They havent enforced it much but expect to see it become a more regular thing.