1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Considering TBolt -> RAZR MAXX

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mayhem, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

I'm eligible for an upgrade in June and considering getting the RAZR Maxx and selling my rooted Thunderbolt. I love my TBolt but it may be time to move on.

Have any of you switched and regret it? How difficult is it to root? Does ROM Manager support the Maxx? How are the custom ROMs?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Android Expert

It's super easy to root.

I don't see too many roms, but the only one I flashed is the ICS leak.

RSD utility is nice to format back to stock if something goes wrong.

IMO if you like to tinker, GNex is better. There are so many roms for it.

I went with the Maxx for the battery. It's so much better than my old Nexus.

3. Clintro

Clintro Newbie

Had the Thunderbolt, went to the Bionic then to the Maxx and I love it!!

Not as many ROMs as the Gnex or the Thunderbolt for that matter, but once ICS drops I am sure it will pick up a little.

4. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Went from OG, to DX, to Bolt. Bolt had great dev support, but I don't miss it. Now that I have Maxx, everything just works. All. Day. Long. No need for Imoseyons kernels, extended batteries, etc. And Motocast means no need to pay for cloud storage. You will dig the Maxx. Scratched screen had me pissed with HTC. Motorola has far superior hardware. Blur isn't as pretty as Sense, but its not bad. You won't have the ROM selection you are used to, but you will find you don'tmiss them and all their bugs. Development is definitely picking up tho, so if you get the itch for aosp or aokp, its there. Nice bonus is that Moto is fingerprint resistant. That was always something that drove me nuts, so I was constantly cleaning my screen with Bolt. I liked the bolt, but like the Maxx much more. And like previous post mentioned, root is easy. True one-click.

Mayhem likes this.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews