1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Conspiracy Theory #3: Apple is putting pressure on VZW to delay Thunderbolt release

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Left Coast DJ, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast

I just pulled this completely out of my keyster.... because by the time Thunderbolt is really released, iPhone 5 will be getting ready to drop.

Advertisement

2. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

Could be true, I've considered it.

3. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert

Why is it #3? How about #1 and #2?

4. thecrimedawg

thecrimedawg Newbie

what's the return policy at best buy? i thought i read on here that it's 30 days without a restocking fee?? if that's the case, i might just crack and buy an i***** while waiting for the thunderbolt. if they sell more units, maybe that will speed up the release

5. broady

broady Member

I would not, get the X or the incredible. The iphone 4 blows

6. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

it's 30 days.

7. durangojim

durangojim Android Enthusiast

It used to be 30 days, but now BB has changed the iphone 4 on verizon return policy to 14 days to coincide with verizon's wishes. I doubt highly that Apple can put enough pressure on VZW to dictate when a phone is released that's not made by Apple. It think it's more likely that there are issues with the phone or network or both and VZW doesn't want another Storm launch experience.

8. oBIGTo

oBIGTo Well-Known Member

14 days to cancel contracts, 30 days to exchange for different phone.

9. durangojim

durangojim Android Enthusiast

Not sure that's correct, I bought an iphone 4 to play with off contract from BB and they told me 3 times that the return policy was 14 days. I reiterated that I was buying off contract and even called 3 other stores, same story, but they could very well have been wrong.

10. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

That is correct, both oBIGTo and I work at best buy.

11. thecrimedawg

thecrimedawg Newbie

thanks. i called my local best buy and they said the same. they also said that they're still thinking the thunderbolt will go on sale this thursday. the guy said he wasnt sure, but i'm still holding out hope

12. haha how exactly does the iphone 4 blow? it blows the x and incredible out of the water and im no apple fanboy you just have to admit when something is better and clearly the iphone is better than the droid x and inc

13. Left Coast DJ

You have to creatively come up with #1 and #2. :)

14. snookie

snookie Newbie

The iPhone 4 has a better screen, much better battery life, much better app quality and selection. Far better build quality and service and support. Faster and more responsive multi-touch. But yeah, other than that they are way better.

Apple could care less about the Thunderbolt btw. Its not even a blip to them. They know they will sell a metric sh*tload of iPhones on Verizon and Verizon knows it too which is why they practically begged Apple to let them carry it. Android wasn't doing it for them. Wait until the iPhone 5 comes out and stand back. Even current iPhone 4 sales on Verizon broke all their records and thats with a phone most people know will be replaced in June. Oh and they estimate that 30% of people who bought an iPhone 4 on Verizon came from an Android phone.
    So its one thing to like Android but its another to be willfully ignorant and childish about the iPhone.

15. Left Coast DJ

Apparently Apple's holding a news conference on March 2nd to announce the iPad 2. Maybe Verizon is holding out until after that so as to not steal Apple's thunder(bolt).

16. fath0m

fath0m Member

Apple is going to call its new Light Peak implementation "Thunderbolt". The plot thickens...