• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constant Gamil contacts syncing

cmerrtt

Nov 15, 2009
Any ideas why this just started three days ago ... my Eris is constantly trying to sync with my gmail contacts. I can turn it off manually although I do like the syncing to automatically take place when a new contact is entered.

I did upgrade a few widgets and apps in the past three days and thought maybe something could have caused a conflict. I have not added any apps recently.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or thoughts on this situation.

Mine was doing the same thing last week. In fact, I was starting a thread on here to ask about it when I finally made it stop. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what I did :thinking:

I had unchecked contact sync, then after a while tried turning it on to see if it was working properly. No go. I tried restarting, pulling the battery, unchecking, etc. Finally, I hit "cancel sync" (I'd done this before and just got an error message), but this time it worked.

What was weird, what with all that syncing, my contacts were not up to date. After canceling the sync, I went to my contacts, clicked the third icon from the left (a silhouette with a little sync sign), then clicked refresh. Contacts were then synced and it has been fine since then. Thank goodness, I could literally watch my battery drain when it was syncing non-stop.

Reactions: Outlaw.99
Upvote 0
Thanks for your encouraging information.

I ran into one more issue while trying to back up my contacts on My Backup Pro. It starts to back them up until it reaches about one third of the total contacts and sends an error message: database disk image is malformed.

When I check the "data synchronization - google - contacts" after trying to sync it has another error message that google is having a problem syncing.

Who knows - my battery sure is not enjoying this nor am i :)

Upvote 0
if your trying to back up your contacts, use My Lookout. its free and available from the market. it backs up call history, photos, and contacts. it also scans any apps downloaded for malicious content, lets you find your phone via gps if its ever lost or stolen, and can enable a siren on your phone if its lost around your house- a feature that i think warrants a download all on its own!

Reactions: cmerrtt
Upvote 0
Mine was doing the same thing last week. In fact, I was starting a thread on here to ask about it when I finally made it stop. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what I did :thinking:

I had unchecked contact sync, then after a while tried turning it on to see if it was working properly. No go. I tried restarting, pulling the battery, unchecking, etc. Finally, I hit "cancel sync" (I'd done this before and just got an error message), but this time it worked.

What was weird, what with all that syncing, my contacts were not up to date. After canceling the sync, I went to my contacts, clicked the third icon from the left (a silhouette with a little sync sign), then clicked refresh. Contacts were then synced and it has been fine since then. Thank goodness, I could literally watch my battery drain when it was syncing non-stop.

Mine has been doing the exact same thing and it started three days ago. I'll try your suggested fix and hope that it works. As you said, I just watch my battery constantly drain and drain...smh...:(

Upvote 0

This fixed mine...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones