• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Constant Market Issue w/ Froyo ROMs

gobirds895

Jun 17, 2010
Ive tried a bunch of Froyo ROMs and nearly all of them produce the same issue...the market is unstable. I had success with Chevy's Simply Stunning 4.1 for a while but the market stopped installing apps eventually again. Its downloading the apps but then it gets stuck on the installation, and also under the manage applications tool in settings, all the apps will appear, but its stuck computing the data/numbers. I just updated to Pete's new BB, with Fab Xtheme and Chevy's 1 ghz lv kernel, and everything worked to perfection, but the market still wont install. Is this a general market issue with Froyo, or an issue my Droid is having with the specific ROMs, kernels, or themes I'm using? I'm hoping to be able to keep running BB v0.3 with xtheme. Anyone else having this problem, and how can I fix it?

Does This market fix work for the new Froyo source ROM that Kangerade v4.0.7 is built from? This market "not installing" and managing apps not computing issue is the only problem these Froyo ROMs have consistently presented me.

It should work. I had this issue before, all I did was do a data wipe, cache in all and flash the ROM again. I had this issue with BB 0.4. Market was fixed afterwards.....didn't have to apply this patch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones