• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root constant sync icon in status bar?

Der Juicen

Jul 13, 2010
I was running apex 1.4.1 with the bwc theme with no issues.
I tried installing a black market via bootstrap and completely lost my market altogether
I also still had the liberty logo at start up so i decided to use maderstock to flash back to stock, rooted again then flashed apex again and now with the bwc and the watermarked theme i have a constant sync icon in the status bar and its pretty annoying.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

I was running apex 1.4.1 with the bwc theme with no issues.
I tried installing a black market via bootstrap and completely lost my market altogether
I also still had the liberty logo at start up so i decided to use maderstock to flash back to stock, rooted again then flashed apex again and now with the bwc and the watermarked theme i have a constant sync icon in the status bar and its pretty annoying.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Did you use titanium backup at all? I've had that icon stay there after using titanium before.

Upvote 0
This happened to me before. It happens when you back up the Gmail app with Titanium Backup and restore Gmail through Titanium Backup. I don't know why but it happens. What I did was factory reset and restored my apps but unchecked Gmail. Hope that helps

Yeah i had the same problem but i couldn't figure out what was syncing. The only syncing icon i had noticed was the one on the left but this one was on the right beside the signal icon. But i found out that's the google sync icon. I have also had this happen after i hook up to the pc. Mine lasted for days and really affected the battery. Tried a lot of things but nothing worked. Finally after charging it it went away on it's own. There's a thread in the droid x general forum that has more about this and more things that cause it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones