1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CONSTANT unwanted pairing requests

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by surveyor65, May 22, 2017.

1. surveyor65

surveyor65 Lurker

I use an LG V20 running v7.0. I'm constantly bombarded, like once every minute, with Bluetooth pairing requests from a device named 'sparrow.' I have no idea what this device is, nor have I EVER paired with it. I get requests regardless of where I am...home, work, store...everywhere. Is there a way to block these requests so I can turn my Bluetooth back on and use my smart watch and ear buds again?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Having looked into this, there are a great number of similar threads around. However your case seems different as you are getting requests no mater where you are, so it's not a local device trying to connect to your device.

It seems rather possible that an app on your device is trying to connect to Bluetooth; I have seen reference to an app/process called sparrow that uses Bluetooth to send messages between devices without the need for a data connection. Maybe there is such an app doing this on your phone?

When you get these requests try going into settings/memory and selecting "Memory used by apps" and see what comes up, maybe a clue in there as to what is sending the requests?

El Presidente and Deleted User like this.
  3. surveyor65

surveyor65 Lurker

The top 10 apps on the list are apps I've had for quite a while or essential apps for the phone...nothing seemed unusual.

4. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Why not try force stopping each process and see if the requests stop? You see if it is a process, an app can be calling it in the background.

No guarantees on this naturally. The worse things that can happen is you phone becomes unstable, a quick reboot will cure this.

Or screen capture your apps list and we can see if something looks like it maybe the culprit?

5. surveyor65

surveyor65 Lurker

I'll just send 4 at a time so I won't bog anything down.

Attached Files:

6. surveyor65

surveyor65 Lurker

Next 4

Attached Files:

7. surveyor65

surveyor65 Lurker

Next

Attached Files:

8. surveyor65

surveyor65 Lurker

More