• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constantly downloading files

Gazlw

Lurker
Apr 4, 2016
My android just keeps downloading files, sometimes 10, sometimes 10's sometimes 100.

Thing is, it just says 'error report' under each file (this is from the drop down info screen):

Downloading 'x' files
error report
error report
error report

Clicking on the i icon just takes me to download manager with a few options - no log, no indication of what is downloading or what ap is triggering it.

It also seems to be hammering my battery life (and I hope not but perhaps my bandwidth too!).

Anyone know of this, how to find the root cause, or anything to help me discover what the hek is going on?

Sounds like an app is getting errors and keeps "downloading" error files. By this I mean it keeps using your default internet application to fabricate text files then it downloads them to your device.

Can you check out what the battery is saying in the settings to see if it is clear what is causing the issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones