1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Constantly getting warnings about unused apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nafnlaus, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

My stock Sony Xperia Z2 keeps giving me "recommendations": about apps that haven't been used in a long time. For example, "SoundCloud hefur ekki veri

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Usually that sort of behaviour is from a "disk cleaner" application. I've only ever seen it on a PC though. Have you any "clean up" apps , "registry cleaners" etc installed? I can't see this being the phone itself.

3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi Nafnlaus, and welcome to AF :)

Do the recommendations about unused apps appear as standard notifications - that is, do they show up in the notification pulldown? If so, you should be able to long-press on the notification and then select "App Info" to see what app is generating the notifications. :thumbup:

Good luck, and let us know if that helps :)

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  4. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

No, I have not installed any sort of "disk cleaner" apps, and see none on my system.

Thanks, codesplice - yes they do and I'll give that a try next time.

5. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Do you have Stamina Mode enabled in Settings/Power management? I believe that's what generates these warnings.

6. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

No, I do not.

I just did the "long click" thing recommended before. The program it says did this is "St

7. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

I should ad, the logo for the thing it says is giving those alerts looks like a blueprint-style drawing of a smartphone. It's got a gigantic list of permissions. One is "com.sonymobile.softreset.permission.RECEIVE_SOFTRESET" so perhaps it's a sony thing? There's a couple other sony references - com.sonyerickson.permission.IDD, Nota ("Use") Sony Enterprise API, Notkun ("Usage of") Walkman, etc.

So far I have not found it. :

8. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

Ah, found it! Uner "S

Lordvincent 90, codesplice and Slug like this.
  9. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Nice job tracking the culprit down. For those with English-language handsets, that's Eco Mode settings.

I'll move this to the Xperia Z2 sub-forum, as it may prove very helpful to other users of the device.

codesplice likes this.
  10. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

Okay, I don't know if I just caused it with that change or whether it's just a coincidence with some sort of background update, but something brand new and even more annoying just started. I keep getting these notifications when I press the power button to turn on the screen - I have to "swipe to dismiss" the notification (for example, something from Facebook) before I can actually then swipe a second time to use my phone.

How can I shut this off? :

11. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

Aaaaand... I'm still getting those previous "unused program" warnings. Ugh. :(

12. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

I've never received such a notification. Could it be carrier specific?

13. Nafnlaus

Nafnlaus Newbie

I doubt the FB ones are carrier specific, but the unused app ones might be, and they might be because my new phone is newer than my last.

I think both changes have been going well. I haven't gotten any new FB notifications. I got one unused app notice since then, but I think it was about a different one than the ones I got last time.

14. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

Oh ok it may be sorted then.

I'm not a Facebook user so I've never had notifications from it :D

Sony Xperia Z2 Forum

The Sony Xperia Z2 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 20MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews