1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

constitutionality

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Affairs' started by mdram, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

Advertisement

JimmyRayBob likes this.
  2. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Android Enthusiast

Will the next republican President (whenever that is) decide he/she doesn't like ObamaCare and decide unilaterally not to enforce it?

3. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

thats what obama is setting up to allow, presidence (sp?)

4. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Issues like this must be decided by the Supreme Court. The administration can decide it is unconstitutional, but, as you say, it is the SC that makes the rulings.

Should you care to look, here is a list of things our President has been involved in doing that clearly represent problems. Any president that decides something is or is not constitutional should perhaps read a book:

How Unconstitutional is Barack Obama? Let me count the ways : Stop The ACLU

Bob Maxey

5. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

In general, I don't think Gay Marriage should be federally regulated. I think it should be a state issue. Let states do what they think is right. This will also allow for many experiments in how to implement (or not) Gay Marriage. Thats kinda what America is all about.

6. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

while i agree with you, thats no the point. the point is the executive branch is selectively enforcing laws. that is a problem

7. cjr72

cjr72 Android Enthusiast

I don't believe government on any level needs to be involved with marriage whether gay or straight. Let couples have ceremonies, throw rings on their fingers and declare themselves married if they like and do away with marriage licenses, joint tax returns, etc.

8. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

I think I agree. Let the states decide. the people get to vote as they did in California, say no way, and be done with it.

9. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

your all missing the point.
    replace the marriage law with any law.
    the fact that the president is refusing to enforce a law passed by congress and signed by a previous president because he doesn't agree with it is the issue.