1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Consumer Reports Declares: Samsung Galaxy S4 is top phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ceva321, May 21, 2013.

1. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

If saying the iPhone is overpriced is not criticism, then you must not be using the English dictionary.

Obviously I don't care what people buy. But when someone quotes me and starts arguing that paying $200 for an iPhone 5 is a better value than paying a penny for a Galaxy S3 because of more accurate colors, facetime, and worst of all "a extremely intuitive and uninterrupted experience", they're obviously blowing smoke. I LOLed when i read the last part because it's a load of BS that sounds like it came straight from a poor marketing campaign.

Advertisement

2. bobby2478

bobby2478 Android Enthusiast

As was pointed out earlier, everyone's unique and 2 different people will have different preferences.

From my perspective, I don't like Apple (outside of my iPod). I don't want to be locked into their ecosystem for all my devices, I don't like to the extent they go to prevent their devices working with other devices outside of their ecosystem, I like customization and their simple OS is so simple it often times takes away the very customization I like, etc.

I will say regardless of how I feel about Apple personally, they make very high quality devices and the way their devices work with eachother inside their ecosystem is very good. I just personally prefer to go another route.

I also don't get the negative feedback about the S4 feeling like "cheap plastic", from my perspective it doesn't feel like a cheap device at all, and frankly isn't much different in weight than the HTC One. I think they are both pretty solid devices, I just prefer the S4 instead.

So while I personally will never choose an iPhone or iPad, I won't knock others who do because they are nice devices, I just don't like them personally. Same thing with the HTC One, it's also a very nice device that a ton of people will be very happy with. I however chose the S4 and I'm very happy with my choice thus far. But anyway you look at it, you really can't go wrong with any of these devices, it's all what suit's your fancy.

3. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I hate that as well. Especially when someone will potentially throw a case on it anyways. I personally find the 'premium feel' to be very overrated but that is just me. I'd rather see much more emphasis placed on the screen, operating system, what's under the hood, etc.[

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Just so there's no confusion, here's a quote from the first paragraph of the Rules that everyone agreed to when they joined AF:

Please stick to discussing the subject in hand, and save the criticism of others' opinions and the veiled insults for other, less classy forums. Personal preference and 'value' is just that... personal. Here at AF the mantra is "attack issues, not people".

If further clarification is required, please address them via PM in order to keep the thread on-topic.

Thanks!

Mikestony likes this.