• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Consumer Reports Loves it

great!... if you happen to live in PA.

That's like saying the iPhone, Droid, Incredible, etc. are only great if you are in a wifi hotspot. Wimax is great but is not the be-all end-all of phone features. Even if you remove the Wimax radio, this phone will be one of very few that sit at the top of the current and near future generation of smart phones. Wimax is more of a bonus. When you are in a city with a Wimax network, you can turn it on when you want to do something particularly data intensive, much in the way you do at your house or office with Wifi. Only difference is it covers the whole city.

Reactions: Napoleon_PhoneApart
Upvote 0
I'm not going to go digging, but I definitely read/watched a review in the past 48 hours that mentioned watching Hulu on the EVO.. (and the second one that mentioned it since the reviews started)

Not a big deal, it works under Froyo with simple hacks.

Go digging because Hulu does not work on mobile browsers. Even the simple about: debug hack has been blocked according to a friend with a Nexus 1 and the flash 10 beta. It worked for a very short time on my Touch Pro2 using Skyfire but that hole was closed quickly. It is a licensing issue with Hulu and it's providers. Anyone that says they have Hulu working on their Evo without providing proof is either lying or they got lucky and can't reproduce it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones