1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contact Birthday Issues with S Planner/Gmail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stildawn, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Stildawn

Stildawn Member

Hi All

Sorry to bore you guys with something as mundane as this, but I'm having an annoying issue with S Planner/Gmail.

Basically I use S Planner synced with the following Calendars as per the calendars screen in S Planner:

My Calendar
    My Calendar (unticked)

My Tasks
    My Task (unticked)

G xxxxxxx@gmail.com (my account)
    Contacts' birthdays and events (ticked)
    New Zealand Holdays (ticked)
    Samsung Calendar (unticked)
    xxxxxxx@gmail.com (ticked)
    Samsung Tasks (unticked)

Show birthday
    Contacts' birthdays (unticked)

As you can see I have the samsungs unticked cause I really only want to use my gmail accounts ones, I also have My Calendar unticked since whenever I make an event etc I set it as a gmail calendar event anyway so that everything is synced up between my PC and phone etc, so I intentionally don't use the phones calendar (just gmail with sync).

I also have show birthdays unticked cause if I have it ticked it will show each birthday twice on the calendar, so instead I just use the gmail contacts birthdays, again so its all in one place and synced etc.

The issue I'm having now is that I made a new contact in gmail (on my PC) putting in mobile number and birthday etc. Now the issue is that the new contact is now in my phone contacts, however I cant get their birthday to show on S Planner, the only way I can get their birthday to show is to tick "My Calendar" then tick "Contacts' birthdays"... But then as I said above they all get double ups.

I just don't see why this isn't working, I want to use exclusively my gmail calendar with contacts etc and all the other contacts are showing and working perfectly, its just this new contact that isnt......????

Does anyone know how to fix this, or alternatively anyone know a better calendar app to replace S Planner with (though I do like the look and feel of S Planner, I also use the fullscreen widget).

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Do you have GOOGLE CALENDAR on your phone?
    On my phone (SPRINT/USA),I had to d/l it from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE,as the SAMSUNG CALENDAR was the only one on the phone out of the box.
    Not sure if this will help,but,just trying to narrow down the possible solution(s).

Keep us posted on your results. :D

3. Stildawn

Stildawn Member

Um just looked in Applications/All and I have Google Calendar Sync and Google Contacts Sync, but no simple GOOGLE CALENDAR?

Though the google calendar thing in S Planner does seem to work, like I can create events in S Planner under Gmail and they show up on my PC?

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews