• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact errors

I have a Samsung Captivate running 2.1 and I am having a problem with some of my contacts (all synced from Google, nothing on the sim). When looking at contacts, then I click on a contact's name to look at their specifics, I get the following message:

Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201009071149_android_process_acore.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.

Any suggestions???

The quick research I've done on your behalf has not shed light on a solution. Lots of theories, but no smoking gun. To some the problem has been random and comes and goes. No help, I know, but you may have better luck looking at the Google search replies to "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly." It's possible that one of them will prove beneficial.

Upvote 0
Hey Jack - I managed to figure it out! If you have a Google contact with a birthday, and you aren't sure the year, so you put, say 01/01 - which Google changes to January 1 - that creates an error with the Android! So enter a year, or nothing at all it seems! Pass it along, cuz dang, this was annoying!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones