• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Groups--Can't find the group??

When I create a contact, I have the option to add it to a group. That would be great, but when I do, I never see the group anywhere to actually do anything with it. I added three people to a new group I made called Sailing. I don't know these three people so I am not likely to remember their names in the near future, but I need to be able to call them. So it's great that I can add them to a folder named after the only way I know them. Except there is no way to locate the group. It's not at the top of my contacts before the letter A. It's not in the contacts under the letter S...So what's the point?

Reactions: Saroj Kumar Mondal
If the S7 setup is the same as my HTC devices the Group tab has to be enabled to be accessible.

Screenshot_20170712-080506.png Screenshot_20170712-080249.png Screenshot_20170712-080318.png Screenshot_20170712-080332.png

Upvote 0
That's one of my biggest gripes about this phone. You can find the groups if you enter through the "Contacts" app, under the three dot menu there's a contacts thing.

Well that seems to be the answer and it's close enough, as stupid as it is of them to make it that way. I have a Contacts icon in my Edge menu, so that makes it pretty quick. Thanks.

Maybe someone else will respond with a better way to do it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones