• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact Icon/Image Issue with Android Shortcuts

goon55

Nov 10, 2009
I just got my droid 2. All set up and rolling. However, I am adding shortcuts to my contacts on my desktop (ala the d1) by pressing and holding the screen, then Shortcuts > Contact. I scroll to the contact and select it. and it adds them to the home screen. Unfortunately, it adds them with the WRONG icon. It IS an existing icon for a user just not the user I am selecting. Also:

- before I select the user, the icon/image is correct.
- If I search contacts, the icon/image is correct.
- I log into gmail and look at my contacts and the image/icon is correct.
- I tried to add a NEW icon/image by taking a new pic with the camera. The user updates, but it still displays the wrong pic when I add the shortcut.

It is only when I add it to the home screen as a shortcut when it gets jacked. Anyone else seeing this or have a solution?

Also, I use google to sync all my contacts. I use gmail to set the icons. There is only a certain size which can be used. but on the D2, the same contact icons/images seem to be blown out. Like I COULD use a bigger size image, bug I dont think that Google allows it? Anyone know what size contact image the 2 can handle and a way to use that image through gmail?

So far, moving from a D1 to a D2Im not completely impressed. but it is faster and works well. except for this issue. And the moto blur crap.

Also to note... when using the (HORRIBLE) motorola contact widget the icon/image IS correct. but cmon, is this widget even useful? How many people have only one number? And I need a 4x4 widget for one contact... mobile, home, text, email, etc.. BS. Really the function on the D1 of adding a shortcut to a contact is much better. add em, click the icon, then it asks you what you want to do (text, call, email, talk, etc)... the D2 still does this but you have to go into Contacts and click on the person first before getting the options.

Not hating the D2, just hoping it's as functional...

Thanks for the help.

I just got my droid 2. All set up and rolling. However, I am adding shortcuts to my contacts on my desktop (ala the d1) by pressing and holding the screen, then Shortcuts > Contact. I scroll to the contact and select it. and it adds them to the home screen. Unfortunately, it adds them with the WRONG icon. It IS an existing icon for a user just not the user I am selecting. Also:

- before I select the user, the icon/image is correct.
- If I search contacts, the icon/image is correct.
- I log into gmail and look at my contacts and the image/icon is correct.
- I tried to add a NEW icon/image by taking a new pic with the camera. The user updates, but it still displays the wrong pic when I add the shortcut.

It is only when I add it to the home screen as a shortcut when it gets jacked. Anyone else seeing this or have a solution?

Also, I use google to sync all my contacts. I use gmail to set the icons. There is only a certain size which can be used. but on the D2, the same contact icons/images seem to be blown out. Like I COULD use a bigger size image, bug I dont think that Google allows it? Anyone know what size contact image the 2 can handle and a way to use that image through gmail?

So far, moving from a D1 to a D2Im not completely impressed. but it is faster and works well. except for this issue. And the moto blur crap.

Also to note... when using the (HORRIBLE) motorola contact widget the icon/image IS correct. but cmon, is this widget even useful? How many people have only one number? And I need a 4x4 widget for one contact... mobile, home, text, email, etc.. BS. Really the function on the D1 of adding a shortcut to a contact is much better. add em, click the icon, then it asks you what you want to do (text, call, email, talk, etc)... the D2 still does this but you have to go into Contacts and click on the person first before getting the options.

Not hating the D2, just hoping it's as functional...

Thanks for the help.

I have this same problem and see that there is another user with the same issue; however, I'm not seeing any resolutions. thanks for your assistance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones