• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact List Bug

Ricom69

Lurker
Nov 23, 2008
This may or may not be a bug but I wanted to address it anyhow.

When viewing a contact in your contact list, I'm unable to scroll through the Other Information (Notes) section. The only way to scroll is to edit the contact and scroll through the Note section. This is a small inconvenience but can be a pain if I'm in a hurry to retrieve information for my client. I write more notes that can fit in the viewable default note window.

Gmail/Contacts, and PIM in general is very weak on the Android platform right now.

Yup, like if the only bit of info I may have is a company (i.e. Dominoes Pizza) won't show the company in the list but only shows the phone number where the company name should be showing. If I move the company name over to the "person name" field it's OK. Search doesn't search through company name but person's name only. Often times I'll have a person at a company so all I'll see is their name (i.e. Jack at flakeywakey Farm 555-1234) won't be searchable for the farm but by his name.

I've moved mostly everything around, but it is a pain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones