1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support contact list changing names on it's own...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Digital_Wino, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Digital_Wino

Digital_Wino Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    I'm having a rather weird and annoying issue with my Droid 2. In my contacts list, peoples names keep changing and/or they get linked up with other accounts and numbers without my doing so. For example, I just recently added my friend Chris. When I first put his name it, it showed up as Chris just fine. But today his name shows up as Christine and there is a second phone number linked to his profile on my phone. This isn't the first time this has happened either. It's been happening since the very beginning really. At first I thought my friend (whom is the primary account holder and I have just have a line on her account) somehow had access to my contacts and was doing it just to mess with me. But she swears up and down it wasn't her. So how/why is this happening? And how can I stop it from happening? Because it's getting REALLY annoying...

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    What accounts do you have syncing with your device? It's merging contacts from multiple accounts. Disable contacts sync with whatever you don't want syncing.

3. Mad_Sunday

Mad_Sunday Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2009
    Process Technician
    Staffordshire, UK
    Yep, that looks like your facebook contacts (or whatever) are syncing too, good if thats what you want, or a nightmare if you don't :eek: