• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact list changing names on it's own...

I'm having a rather weird and annoying issue with my Droid 2. In my contacts list, peoples names keep changing and/or they get linked up with other accounts and numbers without my doing so. For example, I just recently added my friend Chris. When I first put his name it, it showed up as Chris just fine. But today his name shows up as Christine and there is a second phone number linked to his profile on my phone. This isn't the first time this has happened either. It's been happening since the very beginning really. At first I thought my friend (whom is the primary account holder and I have just have a line on her account) somehow had access to my contacts and was doing it just to mess with me. But she swears up and down it wasn't her. So how/why is this happening? And how can I stop it from happening? Because it's getting REALLY annoying...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones