• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact List Customization

buckguin

Sep 8, 2010
Ohio
I am still in the process of learning and customizing this phone so there may be a famous app that takes care of this but I did a search and found nothing.

Im not a big fan of how the contact list shows friends from facebook/gmail/Phone. I only want it to show contacts that I have personally added on my phone. Is there a way I can arrange this. I have it to where it remembers phone contacts only when I hit contacts but as soon as restart, it goes right back to all contacts. It also comes up when I try to text someone or in the contact section of the dialer. I just dont like this. I dont mind that they are there, persay, but I dont want it to be default all the time. Is there a way to change this??

Yepp, there is an app that does this.

It's built into the phone :p

Go to "My Accounts" and select your Facebook account and remove it. Then re-add it and when it asks to sync contacts, select "No".

As far as GMail goes, thats what google uses to store the contacts. You can turn off google Syncing though and only have "Phone" contacts. However, if you do, then I reccommend turning on "Backup Assistant" (It's pre-installed and Free! if you register for a "My Verizon" account. (Which is also free (I just wanted to have a parentheses within a parentheses with a parentheses :D)))

_________
Also,
Should be moved to:
Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Are you using the Blur facebook? With the one that comes stock with the Droid X it will automatically puke all your facebook contacts into your contact list. With the official facebook app I believe you have the option to control this. You would have to remove the blur facebook and get the official facebook app for android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones