• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact list in messages shows each contact twice

pattih

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
In my contacts list when I press the contacts button, I see each contact once. I have it set to only show contacts from my phone. When I go to send a text message and press contacts, my contacts are there multiple times, but I can't see any differences because they are named the same. For example, my son Adam shows up twice in the contact list in text messaging, but only once when I press contacts from my home page.

Please help!

When you go into Contacts and see the single contact, is it a linked contact?

I unlinked all mine and cleaned it up by making single phone contacts with multiple data fields in each, but if I remember correctly there's a little icon that appears on linked contacts and you can view the details by clicking the Menu option. You also have the option to unlink them so that you can then manually clean them up.

Upvote 0
In my contacts list when I press the contacts button, I see each contact once. I have it set to only show contacts from my phone. When I go to send a text message and press contacts, my contacts are there multiple times, but I can't see any differences because they are named the same. For example, my son Adam shows up twice in the contact list in text messaging, but only once when I press contacts from my home page.

Please help!

I'm assuming you have your contacts synced with google? One is the contact on your phone the other is the same contact from your google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones